Sunday 3 May 2015

That Thing Called Prenthood

I have three children, they are 28,18 and 8. My life has been spread out over six decades and these are the gifts that I treasure the most. My partner in crime of course my wife, but I hope that goes with our saying after 25 years of marriage.

No one of these children are the same and yet they all three are so alike. There is some of me in all of them, something I find quite humbling and there are qualities and traits they all have common to the other. I have found that life is a short journey on the road of forever and parenthood is the most marvalous thing that has happened along the way.

A Brief Fleeting Moment of
Parenthood

Look to the farthest star
And brighter than that are you by far
Or quietly listen to the running brook
That gently passes like the book
The one you read to loose your self
Don’t leave your heart upon some shelf
But share the light that is that star
The one that shines within you
Brighter by far
Look
Look to the farthest star

Huffing loudly!
Big and proudly!
Like a storm in tea cup
Roaring at the world
Look at me. LOOK AT ME!
How do we make the leap
From child to woman or man?
How do we let the love of others
Mothers, Fathers, Sisters, Brothers
Guide us, through this sullen time?
Without surrender or bed at nine?

“I know! “ You say. "I know."

So quickly now the days have slipped away
And awkwardly I fumble, to find the things to
say
For a precious moment it was you, and me and
Pooh
So quickly have the days gone by
And I look for things to do
To try, and take my mind, off loosing you.
I know you’ll always be my little child.

But for one brief, fleeting, beautiful moment,
It was just you, and me, and Pooh.

No comments:

Post a Comment