Tuesday 1 April 2014

Biker Dad. Triathlon Time Trials


The Time Trials Are Over Let The Training Begin!

So I’m not breaking any world records, that was never the plan. As I mentioned in an earlier blog I stumbled across Triathlon by accident. A set of circumstance and I was entering my first one last year. I completed the Cycle Leg on a mountain bike, albeit a good one, but a mountain bike all the same.

So this year I have a great bike which I took out for the first time today (God my ass hurts) oh well no pain no gain, or so they say.

I have now completed all of my start of season time trials:

Run 2 ½ K 18 minutes
Swim 400mts 10:34
Cycle 10 K 30 minutes

Total time 58:30

Add on time for transitions and we are looking at a 1hr 15 minutes Super Sprint Triathlon.

Two goals for this year

Complete in under an hour
Come first in my age group

My training regime is to complete all three disciplines at least three times per week each one each of will be a time trial.

1 comment:

  1. Danny Wakeling2 April 2014 at 01:36

    Good effort Lee, that bike is amazing by the way!

    Don't forget about the 4th and 5th disciplines though...Nutrition and Mental Strength!

    ReplyDelete