Monday 22 November 2010

Kate Blewett, undercover hero..

A friend of mine is a very successful and influential documentary film maker she has brought about change in the world with her films in a way that few others have. Inspired by her I am starting off a path of film making which I hope will also make a difference. Last week I had the great pleasure (Thanks to Kate) to go and interview her on camera and talk about her life. Apart from a few technical mistakes I was taken by something that was even more inspiring to me. I took along my daughter Erin. Erin is fourteen and I thought that a meeting with Kate justified taking Erin out of school for the day.

As we started Kate and I thought that it would be a nice idea for Erin to take on the role of interviewer. We wrote down several questions to be asked and off we went. As a film maker and a Father I was taken by the way Erin stepped up to the plate. Suddenly this fourteen year old kid was no longer a kid she was an interviewer. She moved from the questions we had written down to questions of her own and began interacting with Kate with confidence and passion.

What I learned was that given a chance young people are ready for the task and they do care about what is going on in the world.

Here are parts one and two of the interview, I hope you will give it a look.






http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZx_OfWJkNo





Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment